More than half of women in menstrual periods experienced painful pain due to menstrual cramps. Although this is not a serious health problem, it can have a lot of bad impact on your life.
- Causes and signs of cramps during menstruation.
- Cramping, also called abdominal pain, is common in 50-90% of women of childbearing age. This is due to contractions of the muscles in the uterus. It works the same way as muscle cramps in other parts of the body when exercising. Cramps usually occur in the first few days of the menstrual cycle.
- Cramping during menstruation will occur in the abdomen, lower back, even spread down both legs cause sisters extremely painful and uncomfortable. Although it will pass quickly but still make you feel tired. However, if your cramping pain lasts and you have severe pain then you need to be mindful because it can be a symptom of some diseases like cervical fibrosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy.
- 8 ways to relieve pain from cramps during period.
To help relieve this pain, these are 10 effective ways I recommend for you.
You should eat more vegetables instead of meat in the diet can help reduce pain the cramps cause. Furthermore, applying diet also improve your general health.
Remember to cut down the amount of fatty foods. Instead of choosing products from animal, try to use olive oil. In case you want to drink milk, you should choose none or low fat types.
- Use painkillers
In cases of menstrual cramps that make you hurt or unable to act easily, just try to use a painkiller. You must not use painkillers without your doctor’s advices.
Tea used with a little bit of mint oil can also be helpful. As a specialist, you should drink this kind of tea a week earlier before the menstrual period.
- Fish oil supplements and Vitamin B1.
Another way to reduce natural menstrual cramps is to use fish oil or anything that is rich in vitamin B1. So, you can add two vitamins to reduce the painful symptoms of menstrual cramps.
- Essential oils + massage.
There are a lot of types of oils that is perfect to combine with massage to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps before period, according to a study in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research in 2012.A research on 48 woman shows that using oils while having cramps can help reduce pain effectively. They use a mixture of essential oils, used in a 2-1-1 ratio and diluted 3% cream does not smell.
- Use a warm pack.
Using hot packs is considered one of the most effective remedies for painful menstrual cramps, experts say. You can use a hot pack or for easier, you can put a warm towel on the lower abdomen.
Acupuncture can help reduce cramps by helping to relax the nervous system. Acupuncture is also believed to have anti-inflammatory effects. However, if you choose this measure, you need to look to the clinic, medical facilities prestigious to ensure safety.
If you have cramps during the period, just make sure to be active. You can do exercise lightly to helps your body produce endorphin, which help to make you happier. Besides, by this way, you can even make your body relaxed and healthier. But you need to be careful of heavy exercise; it can make your situation even worse.
If the symptoms of menstrual cramps are severe or you can not relieve them despite taking the above measures, see your doctor to if you have any other health problems.