After passing out from the college, aspirants hunt for a job as there is a huge rush for getting the perfect job. Competition has so much increased nowadays that everyone wants to grab the opportunity to ace the job. In order to get the job, the first thing which comes to mind is that how to make an effective resume so as get selected in a good company. Having an impressive resume letter will help you to impress the interviewer.
So, let’s know some of the useful tips for creating a good resume:
- Resume Format: Before creating a resume you should carefully choose the format which will best suit your resume. There are basically three type of resume format: Reverse-Chronological, Functional and Combination. While creating the resume, you have to choose from the above three format only.
- Mention your contact details: after selecting the format. You have to mention your all contact information. During listing your contact details should be in this order:
- Mailing address
- Telephone address
- LinkedIn profile
- Resume Introduction: The candidates have three choices to write the introduction of resume: a summary of qualification, career objective, and professional profile. The aim of all the three choices is to seek the attention of the interviewer. Highlight all the skills and experience if any which will further help the company.
- Add Education: coming to the education, candidates who completed their graduation need to add their entire education on the resume. Some of the major points to include in the this section is:
- Name of your college, university or technical school
- Location of the school
- Year of graduation
- GPA, Percentage
- Awards and Achievements: After adding the education, you have to mention the awards and achievements which you have received till now. Start mentioning it on your resume with the most recent one.
- Projects: If you are a fresher, then mention the details of the projects that you have done in your last year. But if you are an experience, then give the description of the project on which you have worked in your previous company.
- Technical Skills: Some sectors such as Engineering or Information & Technology required some special skill set. Having command on such skills would be added on point to you.
Software: Excellent in Microsoft Office Suite, and Oracle
Programming Languages: Excel at Java, C++, and Python
So, these are some of the key areas on which a candidate should focus while writing a resume letter. There are various job portals on which you can rely to get more information. Well, it would be worth to visit the job portal of Monster Singapore. It is a leading job portal in Singapore which provides relevant jobs to the job seekers. In addition to the above, it also provides professional resume writing services to the required candidates. For this, you have to sign in on the website to create your profile. Fill the entire major details properly such as date of birth, contact number, address etc. so, upload your updated resume to avail it!
Chinmayee Jha is currently focusing her writing on the extensive domain of employment. She has written various articles and blog posts on resume writing, job search and hiring. She also likes to write about nature.