There are only a few days left before Diwali. In such a situation, bumper shopping is going to happen on this special occasion. People are planning to buy different types of things online. In such a situation, if you are also going to buy something on this auspicious occasion, then today we are going to tell you some things, which need to be taken care of. If you do not take care of these things, then there is a high possibility that you may be cheated online.
On the occasion of Diwali and Dhanteras, big e-commerce websites come out with bumper offers. In such a situation, some things must be kept in mind while buying things online. The eyes of many cyber fraudsters are on you. In such a situation, it is necessary to be careful at every step. Otherwise, you too can become a victim of online fraud. In this episode, let us know those things, which should be taken care of while shopping.
Most Important Factors to Consider while shopping Online.
- On the occasion of Diwali, e-commerce websites bring many big offers to their customers. Because of this, there is a lot of shopping on these platforms. On the other hand, cyber fraud people also take advantage of this special opportunity.
- Many times such fishing links come on our phones, in which expensive things are shown at very low prices. In such a situation, many people get greedy and click on them. Because of this, they had to suffer a lot. You should never click on these phishing links.
- Before opening the link, keep in mind that https:// must be written at the beginning of the website. On the other hand, if http:// is written at the beginning of the website, then do not click on it. Always shop from trusted e-commerce websites. Always keep an anti-virus firewall on while shopping online.
- Do not give any important information online to anyone. Change your password from time to time so that you do not face any problems in the future. Do not give any information related to your debit, credit card, UPI payment, etc. to anyone. Avoid opening phishing links on your device. If you keep these things in mind, then you can avoid cyber fraud.
Choose What You Want, Instead Of What Discounts Force You To
For example, Flipkart currently offers the Nokia Lumia 1520 for less than Rs. 19999. If you want a Windows phone, I advise you to purchase this phone since it is wonderful in every way.
However, if you want to use an Android phone do not buy this phone only because it is on sale. Similarly, avoid choosing a lower-quality phone only because it offers more discounts than a superior phone.
Decide what you want, keeping in mind that there are no discounts, and then shop around for the greatest price.
Discounts Are Not Always Beneficial to Combo Deals
In general, individuals would rather receive a flat discount of Rs. 1000 than something else, like a Bluetooth device, as part of the deal. This does not imply that the offer is bad. The deal could be helpful to you if you plan to purchase a Bluetooth gadget in the future. Additionally, you receive other gifts (because it is Diwali, you will receive other items) that more than make up for Rs. 1000.
Keep a lookout for these items.
Don’t be easily impressed because the discounts mentioned are on the MRP.
Most online retailer discounts are based on MRP. Electronic devices never make a profit on MRP. Don’t be fooled by large figures, such as a 30% or 40% discount. Without the incentives, there’s a good chance the item was already 25% off. You might be able to get it for less in any store nearby. Therefore, conduct a comprehensive investigation before purchasing.
Use your Debit/Credit card wisely
The most important information to secure for internet buyers is their credit card information. The results might be terrible if these card data come up in the wrong hands. The best course of action is to use a fresh debit card while purchasing online to prevent similar circumstances. So that even if the card is lost, the harm is low, keep the balance in this account to the absolute minimum. Alternatively, to reduce losses, utilize a credit card with a modest credit limit. You may also use the virtual credit card capability that the majority of institutions already provide. The best safety measure you can take is to use cards carefully. If it’s your first time browsing a website,
Update your OS and Antivirus Regularly.
It goes without saying that if all of your protections are active, your machine cannot be hacked. Users who are operating genuine versions of Antivirus should make sure their virus databases are up to date. Many settings, including browser firewalls, site filtering, phishing protection, and others, safeguard against various risks associated with online purchasing. As a result, constantly update your software. Maintain OS and other programs, apps, and game updates as well. Software flaws frequently allow attackers to plan attacks, therefore blocking all possible entry points is important.
Few additional points for security that everyone should keep in mind:
- When visiting websites and portals, make sure to read the privacy policies.
- Use the OTP password for online payments rather than the one you previously set.
- Do not click on links to offers and items that arrive in your email from unidentified senders.
- Before making a purchase, read the terms and conditions of the deal and, if possible, take a screenshot to prevent confusion later.
Following these suggestions should help shoppers avoid the majority of the hazards involved with internet purchasing during Diwali. You may avoid many risks associated with internet buying by applying a little knowledge and caution.
A Very Happy Diwali to you and your family from IndianPersons. Be Careful!
Name: Neeraj Sharma
About: He is a Game Developer and Digital Marketer. He loves to convert his ideas into reality by developing Products to make your online business successful with his Games and mobile app development services.